CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
About the Course
This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioural analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
What Is a Cybersecurity Analyst?
A Cybersecurity Analyst detects cyber threats and then implements changes to protect an organisation in the following ways:
- Manages and configures tools to monitor activity on the network
- Analyses the reports from those tools to identify unusual behaviour on the network
- Proactively identifies network vulnerabilities through penetration testing, vulnerability scans and vulnerability assessment reports
- Plans and recommends changes to increase the security of the network
- Applies security patches to protect the network
Jobs that use CySA+ include:
- Threat intelligence Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Information Security Analyst or Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Software and Systems Security
- Security Operations & Monitoring
- Incidence Response
- Compliance & Assessment
The CySA+ qualification is intended to follow the CompTIA Security+ course. Applicants engaging at this level must have a minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
Other than a notepad all equipment required for training will be supplied.
Upon successful completion of this course you can move onto higher education, IT and digital Apprenticeships.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem-solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.*
*The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode areas. If you live outside the eligible postcode areas, the course fee is £670.00
The CompTIA Network+ qualification helps IT professionals develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring and managing networks.
*The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode areas. If you live outside the eligible postcode areas, the course fee is £711.00
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills
necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.*
*The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode areas. If you live outside the eligible postcode areas, the course fee is £741.00