About the course
Are you interested in gaining a qualification to demonstrate your understanding of and competency in digital literacy skills?
The purpose of this qualification is to allow students to demonstrate understanding of and competency in, digital literacy skills. It will help students progress to a work role where digital literacy skills are required.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable students to use confidently the modules below. The qualification is run by NCFE and is a recognised qualification at Level 2.
– You complete six short units over a period of 12 weeks
– You will be asked to complete a short checklist before starting your course to check that you are on the right course, as it is also available at Level 1
– You will be allocated an online assessor who will check your work after you complete each unit to make sure you have covered the relevant tasks and receive feedback on your work
– Although this course is free to complete, if you withdraw from the course without completing you could be invoiced £100 for non-completion
- Understand how to protect devices and data
- Communicate socially and professionally using technology
- Apply digital skills in personal and business situations
- Use digital resources to facilitate their own career progression
You must be a British, EU or EEA citizen, have been a permanent resident of the UK, EU or EEA for the whole of the previous three years and aged 19 or over. If you are aged between 19 and 23, you must also hold a Level 2 qualification.
To achieve the qualification you will need to have access to:
1. A personal computer, laptop, tablet or other digital device
2. A web browser and Internet connectivity
3. An email account, instant messaging account, video messaging and social networks
4. Be able to store completed work i.e. USB memory stick, network folder, work permitted computer storage
5. Online meeting software and equipment such as a webcam and microphone
6. Blogging software
7. Word processing software
The Digital Skills Academy has launched a brand new Software Developer bootcamp designed for...
A new academy offering free courses in digital skills is poised to help support...
Su Green – CompTIA IT Fundamentals Redundancy has provided Su Green with the catalyst...