LEVEL 1 DIGITAL SKILLS
About the course
Are you interested in gaining a qualification to demonstrate your understanding of and competency in digital literacy skills?
The purpose of this qualification is to allow students to demonstrate understanding of, and competency in, digital literacy skills. It will help students progress to a work role where digital literacy skills are required.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable students to use confidently the modules below. The qualification is run by NCFE and is a recognised qualification at Level 1.
– You complete six short units over a period of 12 weeks
– You will be asked to complete a short checklist before starting your course to check that you are on the right course, as it is also available at Level 2
– You will be allocated an online assessor who will check your work after you complete each unit to make sure you have covered the relevant tasks and receive feedback on your work
– Although this course is free to complete, if you withdraw from the course without completing you could be invoiced £100 for non-completion
- Apply digital skills in personal and business situations
- Understand how to maintain safety and security when using data and devices
- Find and use information online
- Use digital resources to facilitate your own learning and career progression
- Communicate socially and professionally using technology
- Use word processing software to create straightforward text and documents
You must be a British, EU or EEA citizen, have been a permanent resident of the UK, EU or EEA for the whole of the previous three years and aged 19 or over. If you are aged between 19 and 23, you must also hold a Level 2 qualification.
To achieve the qualification you will need to have access to:
1. A personal computer, laptop, tablet or other digital device (not a Smartphone)
2. A web browser (such as Internet Explorer) and Internet connectivity
3. An email account, instant messaging account, video messaging and social networks
4. Be able to store completed work i.e. USB memory stick, network folder, work permitted computer storage
5. Online meeting software and equipment such as a webcam and microphone
6. Blogging software (such WordPress.com)
7. Word processing software
On successful completion of the Level 1 Digital Skills, you will be able to progress on to Level 2 Digital Skills course.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem-solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.*
*The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode areas. If you live outside the eligible postcode areas, the course fee is £670.00
The CompTIA Network+ qualification helps IT professionals develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring and managing networks.
*The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode areas. If you live outside the eligible postcode areas, the course fee is £711.00
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills
necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.*
*The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode areas. If you live outside the eligible postcode areas, the course fee is £741.00