About the Course
This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioural analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
What Is a Cybersecurity Analyst?
A Cybersecurity Analyst detects cyber threats and then implements changes to protect an organisation in the following ways:
- Manages and configures tools to monitor activity on the network
- Analyses the reports from those tools to identify unusual behaviour on the network
- Proactively identifies network vulnerabilities through penetration testing, vulnerability scans and vulnerability assessment reports
- Plans and recommends changes to increase the security of the network
- Applies security patches to protect the network
Jobs that use CySA+ include:
- Threat intelligence Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Information Security Analyst or Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Software and Systems Security
- Security Operations & Monitoring
- Incidence Response
- Compliance & Assessment
The CySA+ qualification is intended to follow the CompTIA Security+ course. Applicants engaging at this level must have a minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
Other than a notepad all equipment required for training will be supplied.
Upon successful completion of this course you can move onto higher education, IT and digital Apprenticeships.
The Digital Skills Academy has launched a brand new Software Developer bootcamp designed for...
A new academy offering free courses in digital skills is poised to help support...
Su Green – CompTIA IT Fundamentals Redundancy has provided Su Green with the catalyst...